Saturday, April 28, 2012

I got colored rad

I ran my first 5k! My only goal was to run the whole time which turned out to be much easier when there are a ton of other people running with me. The race took place at UVU, which is basically built on a hill so I did walk just a little bit, what can you expect? It was a ton of fun though. I ended up finishing it in about 31 minutes, which was great considering my earphones stopped working around mile 1. Apparently they didn't like chalk being thrown at them. I think I was so distracted by the other stuff going on that I didn't notice my heavy breathing. There were color bombing stations every kilometer. I enjoy running and it was fun having something to work towards. We actually just bought a jogging stroller so now George and I are training together to run another 5k in July. We're excited!
Team Footloose!
my biggest fans


clean

dirty
The color explosion! I foolishly threw my chalk straight up, which means it landed straight down onto me. Glutton for punishment right there.



After being air compressed

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. Congrats! It looks like it was awesome. I think UVU is cursed for making your music stop during races. Oh, and I really like Max's blanket;)

    ReplyDelete